Serving over 50,000 women in NJ for the past 15 years – Meet the Team
Our mission is to provide the tools for women to successfully own, operate and grow their small businesses, thereby investing financially, intellectually and emotionally in their community.
The Women’s Center for Entrepreneurship helps elevate women to business success through education, consulting and entrepreneurial training. Serving women across New Jersey, the Center:
- Provides more than 150 classes, seminars and individual consulting sessions each year for more than 5,000 participants, including loan packaging and business plan reviews for women business owners at three levels
- Start-up businesses
- Experienced businesses seeking growth
- Underserved population
- Produces major events, including a Business Loan Fair and full-day conference
- In conjunction with the State of New Jersey, offers start-up micro-loans for women wishing to start NJ businesses. These loans are designed for low and moderate-income women for whom traditional lending is not an option.
- Co-sponsors many upper level conferences and lectures with the Rothman Institute of Entrepreneurship at Fairleigh Dickinson University
- Provides individual consulting with an attorney specializing in certifications and government procurement
- Provides whatever services clients need to successfully open and operate their small businesses.
Most classes and all consulting are offered at no charge to the participants.
Meet the Team
- Executive Director - Rana Shanawani
- Program Director - Shannon Scocchio
- Program Manager - Steve Maiorano
- Governance Board
- President - Marlene Waldock
- Vice President - Alyce Hackett
- Secretary - Robin Berg Tabakin, Esq.
- Advisory Board
- Michel Bitritto – The EcoShelf
- Chris Costello - AT&T
- Cathy Martine-Dolecki - AT&T
- Forough Ghahramini
- Angela Margolit – Bluebird Auto Rental Systems
- Michele Maybaum - Raich Ende Malter & Co. LLP
- Peggy Mchale - Consultants 2 Go
- Mary Repke - Coakley Business Class, LLC
- Judith Sheft - NJIT